PTS, RSNA, RNC, Holistic Chef
Kathy is known as Canada’s leading gluten free expert. As the host and chef of the world’s first gluten free and vegetarian TV show‘ Live The Smart Way’ on Rogers TV – as well as a bestselling gluten free cookbook author, the title holds strong. Her cookbook is available internationally on Amazon, Chapters, Costco, Indigo or any where cookbooks are sold. She also appears as a chef and nutritionist on CTV, CBC TV and radio where she teaches, motivates and inspires others to live smarter providing healthy recipes and healthy living tips specific for the gluten free lifestyle.. Kathy excels at public speaking, menu specialization, recipe development and recipe modifications including gluten-free, wheat- free, dairy-free and vegetarian/ vegan options. Her planning considers special needs including age, disease, gender, and heredity. She has designed thousands of personalized programs for clients with diabetes, arthritis, osteoporosis, heart disease and food allergies. As a celiac herself, she fully understand the needs and tastes of going gluten free.
Kathy is a registered nutritional consultant with the Canadian Examining Board of Health Care Practitioners, a Registered Sports Nutrition Advisor, a Holistic Teaching Chef with the Holistic Cooking Academy of Canada and a Registered Personal Fitness Trainer with the Canadian Association of Fitness Professionals and holds her certificate of Plant Nutrition for eCornell.
With over 16 years experience in the health and fitness sectors, Kathy provides nutritional consultation to clients- specializing in gluten free and vegetarian options; is a nutritional consultant with Designed Food Systems Inc. developing specialty menus and recipe testing for commercial clients; and is a teaching chef for the Ottawa Carleton District School Board, where she teaches cooking classes focused on specialty diets and healthy living.
• Applied Nutrition, Alive Academy of Natural Health 2000
• Sports Nutrition, Alive Academy of Natural Health, 2004
• Registered Sports Nutrition Advisor, RSNA , 2004
• Anatomy and Physiology , Alive Academy of Natural Health, 2004
• Registered Nutritional Consultant, RNC, Canadian Examining Board of Health Care Professionals, 2006
• Biology, Alive Academy of Natural Health, 2007
• Registered Fitness Instructor Specialist, FIS , Canadian Fitness Professionals, 2007
• Personal Trainer Specialist, PTS, Canadian Fitness Professionals, 2005
• CPR, First Aid and AED
• Holistic Cooking Academy of Canada, Holistic Teaching Chef,
• Certificate of Plant Nutrition, eCornell University, 2011